FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Winners of the Stephen Leacock Students Humour Writing Contest announced:
(Orillia, ON) We are pleased to announce the winners and finalists for the 2015 Students Humour Writing Contest. There were three levels of blind judging. Humour, of course, and excellence in short-story writing were the criteria.
First Place: Sean Heasman, Riverdale Collegiate Institute (Toronto)
Second Place: Isabel Glasgow, Lisgar Collegiate Institute (Ottawa)
Third Place: Annika Lautens, Riverdale Collegiate Institute (Toronto)
The remaining seven finalists (in alphabetical order):
– Isabel Glasgow (second entry), Lisgar Collegiate Institute (Ottawa)
– Noah Kam, Upper Canada College (Toronto)
– Olivia Lassaline, Patrick Fogarty Catholic Secondary School (Orillia, Ont.)
– Heather Mitchell, Canterbury High School (Ottawa)
– Hannah Smith, Hammerskjold High School (Thunder Bay, Ont.)
– Jesse Tomas, Malvern Collegiate Institute (Toronto)
– Amber Ziebarth, Hammerskjold High School (Thunder Bay, Ont.)
We wish to acknowledge all students who wrote for this year’s contest. It is our hope that you will keep writing. If you are in high school next year, please think about entering the 2016 edition of this contest.
Special thanks go to Thor Motors and The Orillia Packet and Times for their sponsorship of this important contest.
Christine Spear, Registrar, Stephen Leacock Students Humour Writing Contest