STEPHEN LEACOCK STUDENT HUMOROUS SHORT STORY COMPETITION 2015
Deadline: March 23, 2015. Winners announced May 15, 2015.
FIRST PRIZE – $1,000
SECOND PRIZE – $700
THIRD PRIZE – $300
Criteria for 2015 Competition
- Entry to this contest is limited to students of Canada’s secondary schools, public and private.
- Entry will be a humorous story or humorous personal essay.
- Maximum length: 1,500 words.
- Entry must have a title and be typed, double-spaced and on one side of the page only.
- Pages must be numbered, but no other identifying marks may appear on them.
- A cover page must be included and must list the title of the submission, the name of the student, the name of the school attended, the school’s telephone number and email address.
- Three copies of each entry, plus the entry fee, must be mailed to Christine Spear, Contest Registrar, 8-40 Victoria Cres., Orillia, ON L3V 6N6. The fee is $5 per entry
- Entries may be made any time now but must be post-marked no later than March 23, 2015. The winners will be announced by May 15, 2015.
- The cash award for this year’s contest is $1,000. The winner will receive two tickets to the Stephen Leacock Gala dinner held at the Geneva Park Conference Centre in June, accommodation for two nights, an autographed copy of the medal-winning book, and all winners will be honoured at a soiree at the Stephen Leacock Home, Old Brewery Bay, the Friday before the award banquet.
- The second-place winner will receive $700; the third-place, $300. Both are invited to attend the Friday evening soiree.
We are pleased to announce this year’s contest is again sponsored in full by Thor Motors (Orillia’s only Ford dealership) and Sun Media (The Orillia Packet and Times).
Direct all inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.