The longlist for the 2017 Leacock Medal (in alphabetical order by author surname) is:
- John Armstrong for A Series of Dogs, New Star Books.
- Mona Awad for 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl, Penguin Canada.
- Gary Barwin for Yiddish for Pirates, Random House Canada.
- Judy Batalion for White Walls, New American Library/Random House Canada.
- Lesley Crewe for Mary, Mary, Nimbus Publishing.
- C.P. Hoff for A Town Called Forget, Five Rivers Publishing.
- Marni Jackson for Don’t I Know You, Flatiron Books.
- Amy Jones for We’re All in This Together, McClelland & Stewart.
- Jack Knox for Hard Knox: Musings from the Edge of Canada, Heritage House Publishing.
- Noah Richler for The Candidate: Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail, Doubleday Canada.
- Drew Hayden Taylor for Take Us to Your Chief And Other Stories, Douglas & McIntyre.
There are 11 instead of 10 because two of the books tied in the judges’ marks.
This year’s longlist will be narrowed down to a shortlist of three Leacock Medal finalists, who will be announced in Orillia on Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
The winner of the Leacock Medal and accompanying $15,000 prize will be announced at a gala dinner celebrating all three shortlisted authors June 10, 2017, at Geneva Park Conference Centre near Orillia, Ontario.